We made it 1 1/2 hours, then Bertie called to say that Calla wouldn't stop crying and was refusing her bottle. The good news is that her house is just minutes from my office, so I was there in no time and comforted Calla. Everything was new, and she just needed a little TLC from mom.
Bertie said Calla had a better afternoon. When I called to check on her later, I actually heard Calla giggling in the backyard. Bertie said she was in the swing next to her just smiling away, just like her normal self. This made mama happy, then sad to know that she was missing a smile!
Everyone at work was so nice in welcoming me back - made me feel very wanted. Then, I received a special surprise - a beautiful vase of flowers from Calla (aren't they gorgeous?!). I told Todd she is already so thoughtful...and that she must have learned a few things from her daddy!
I was so excited to go pick her up after work - she was in the swing fussing a bit and smiled so big when she saw me. She knows how to melt her mom's heart!
We hope that the rest of this week will be easier on baby, and well, on me. We have truly bonded in these three months together, and I feel so blessed to have had this time at home with her and to now have this special relationship. She is our precious baby girl!
2 comments:
9josHi Elizabeth - Over and over yesterday I prayed for you. Leaving for work that 1st morning was the hardest thing I ever remember doing...at the time. Trust me there will be other momentous times - but right now know you are loved and prayed for. I especailly pray for the lady keeping Calla - to love her like her own. Miss you guys. Aunt Lisa
Hi Calla,
Good job starting the mind games with Mom early! I won't let Mom be more than arm's length from me when I'm at home.
I know you are having fun watching the bigger babies play at Ms. Bertie's. Can you believe that soon you will be the biggest one there?
Love, Maddie
Post a Comment